Work at Smallworks
Smallworks is an award-winning company that is committed to affordable and sustainable housing. We offer our employees a creative and friendly environment where each member of the team is highly valued. Our compensation is competitive and includes health benefits.
If, after reviewing the job description below, you have a burning desire to join the team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced carpenters are always encouraged to send us a resume.
Marketing and Sales Coordinator
We’re looking for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator to join our team. This role is special in that it will empower you to have a hand in how our cities develop. You’ll get to be part of a tight knit team that works hard, is passionate about housing solutions and has fun building a future we can all believe in. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing and will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the development of marketing collateral
- Updating and stocking sales and marketing materials
- Supporting the development and execution of email outreach campaigns
- Organizing events such as seminars and open houses
- Responding to email inquiries and phone calls from potential clients
- Tracking and validating new leads through Smallwork’s CRM
- Organizing and leading site tours with prospective clients
- Preparing new clients design briefs for the design team
- Recording purchaser data and documenting processes
- Preparing and updating sales reports
Crucial Skills for this Role:
- A post-secondary education in Marketing, Real Estate, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration or a related field
- 3 + years experience in sales or marketing
- Being a stellar spokesperson for the company 24/7
- Strong grasp on the written word
- Great listening and communication skills
- A calm problem solver who excels in time management, multi-tasking and prioritization
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suites, Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader.
Handy Skills for this Role:
- Knowledge of Construction and the Vancouver real estate market
- Ability to use or learn SketchUp or Vectorworks
- A vehicle to get around town
Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus structure based on sales.
The role consists of a range of varying activities and includes but is not limited to back framing and finishing. The role is essentially a hands on supporting role for our projects in construction at any one time.
- Accepts direction from the Construction Coordinator and Site Supervisors
- Proficient in take offs and estimations
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the clients, occupants of the property, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Provides solutions to onsite issues
- Provides feedback to drive continuous improvement
- Sound understanding of the entire building process and building code
- Work effectively as an individual or a team leader
- Full Drivers licence and vehicle
- Basic tooling required
- Strong time management and communication skills
- 3-5 years carpentry/trades experience
Interested candidates whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
The role could be a full or part time position
The starting rate will be negotiable based on your experience and will be reviewed upon completion of the probation period of 3 months.
Smallworks is seeking a designer for our growing firm. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
The designer’s role, as a member of the Smallworks team, is to design exemplary beautiful small homes. All of our homes are unique and tailored to our client’s needs. While the homes range from traditional to completely
custom designs; each project reflects values of being well-proportioned and elegant.
The successful applicant will work in a close, fast-paced work environment, which manages design-build projects in Vancouver. Your involvement will be to design and produce permit and construction drawing sets, as well as
spec packages and drawings for interior design. The expectation is for the designer, alongside the team, to bring ongoing improvements to our small home designs.
The designer needs to be able to start at least one new project every six weeks and will be responsible for managing that project throughout the design process. This will include coordination with the Smallworks office team, city staff, and coordination with the construction team as required.
This is a rare opportunity for an individual interested in residential construction to produce a significant body of work. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for design autonomy within a supportive work environment. The designer will gain an increase in knowledge of construction, detailing, and interior design experience with a variety of sites and a variety of architectural styles.
- Self-manage a workload of several projects, working with clients through the full design process
- Manage project though municipal permitting process
- Participate in construction process to resolve site issues, client management and interior design
- Participate in the improvement and evolution of the Smallworks standard building practices
- Assemble detail packages for interior and exterior details, by using existing resources and your own experience/knowledge of building design and construction
- Regularly consult with key Smallworks personnel: structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, arborists,
- Proficiency in Vectorworks strongly preferred
- Leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with and strong understanding of municipal building by-laws and codes, particularly VBBL and Vancouver’s Laneway Housing By-Law
- Can demonstrate comfort and knowledge of a range of residential exterior and interior design and
construction details; experience with wood-frame construction and building panelization an asset