Reports to: Lead Designer, Pre-Construction Manager & Principal
Compensation: Salary position with benefits and work vehicle. Rate based on level of experience.
The main responsibility of the position is acting as the company’s main point of contact with existing clients. The job duties include selecting all interior and exterior finishes with the clients, assisting with interior drawings and performing on-site meetings to review projects in progress.
The expectations of the position are individuals with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience. This is an ideal position for an individual at an intermediate level in their career who has sales, drafting and residential design experience. The position requires a background in customer relations, paired with an ability to supervise multiple projects running simultaneously.
Candidates must have clear and concise communication skills (both written and verbal). Candidates will also need to be proficient in Vectorworks.
Knowledge of BC building code, sustainable design and construction practises is a significant asset.
The successful candidate will report directly to Smallworks’ lead designer.
The interior designer’s scope of work consists of:
- Produce/develop detailed interior design drawings (Vectorworks) and specification packages.
- Lead Interior design meetings with clients to document finish selections and establish a comfortable relationship with the clients.
- Provide finish selections and reference material for our Contract Administrator.
- Develop and update standard interior design packages for the company and new projects, in association with lead designer.
- Maintain and aid in further development of our online web tool for client material selections.
Other responsibilities include
- Liaise with suppliers and reps to keep resources and material library up to date with industry trends and sustainable options.
- Attend budget meetings with the construction manager to discuss project costs and options with clients.
- Interior and exterior paint colour selection (on-site meetings).
- Assist with interior design drawings (Vectorworks).
- Provide support to the design team.